The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced a complete plan for the New Year holidays. The plan includes Dubai Metro & Dubai Tram timings and closure timings , Free Parking Zones, Public Buses, Happiness Centers, Marine Transit Modes, Driving Schools and Vehicle Testing and Registration Centers.
RTA in coordination with Emaar and Dubai Events Security Committee finalized the traffic movement managing plan for the New Year holidays. The plan will start from December 31 to January 2, 2018. According to the plan all paid parking zone except for the multi-level parking lots will be free across whole of Dubai.
Around 4,000 parking slots outside the event area (Burj Khalifa District) will be provided to the public to use for the pick and drop through almost 170 operational buses. Parking fees will be re-activated on January 2, 2018.
New Year Holiday Traffic Plan
Following are the details of the Plan.
Dubai Metro Operation Timings
During the New Year holidays, Dubai Metro working hours will be as follows
Red Line : December 31, 2017 (5:00am) – January 2, 2018 (1:00am)
Green Line : December 31, 2017 (5:30am) – January 2, 2018(1:00am)
Please note that Burj Khalifa Metro Station will be closed at 10:00pm on New Year Eve 2018. Two crossing points will be specified for pedestrians to cross Sheikh Zayed Road near the Burj khalifa Metro Stations and the Business Bay Station. The crossing will be conducted under the supervision of police and the RTA’s operational team.
Dubai Tram Operation Timings
December 31, 2017 (6:00am) – January 2, 2018 (1:00am)
Public Transport Timings
As mentioned earlier 170 buses will be operated to pick and drop visitors to Burj Khalifa district. This bus service will be free of any charges. Following are the details of bus services routes.
1. 90 buses on Sheikh Zayed Road towards Financial Center to lift visitors from Bujr Khalifa Metro station to Al Jafiyia Station and Mankhool Payer Yard.
2. 20 buses on Sheikh Zayed Road towards Abu Dhabi to get visitors from Burj Khalifa Metro station to Noor Islamic Bank Metro station.
3. 35 buses to pick visitors from Financial Center street to the parking lots of Deira City Center, Al Wasl Club and Jafiliya.
4. 20 buses on Financial Center Street to get visitors to the parking lots of Al Jafiliya Station and Al Mankhool Prayer Yard.
5. 5 buses to get visitors nearby Dubai Water Canal to Noor Islamic Bank Metro Station.
Roads Closure Timings
1. Al Sa’ada Street Intersaction of Al Murooj Rotana leading to Burj Khalifa : 6:00pm
2. Al Sa’ada Street Emirates Towers Intersaction : 8:00pm
3. Mohammad Bin Rashid Boulevard : 5:00pm – 8:00pm
4. The Financial Center Street : 8:00pm
5. Al Sukuk Street : 8:00pm
6. Al Asayel Street from Oud Metha Street to Financial Center Street : 4:00pm